User-agent: Mediapartners-Google* Disallow: Streetlights, People: Columbo: Kindred Spirits Or Spirits Kinda Kindred

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Columbo: Kindred Spirits Or Spirits Kinda Kindred

Let's take a ride in the WayBack Machine-- I lived in a little town called Byron Bay, NSW, Australia At the time, the population was aroound fifteen hundred, but "the man" came in, built a bunch of resorts. The town I lived in is now, by all measures, GONE thanks to such cute little mom and pop companies like Club Med.

My anger aside....

As a homesick lad, I would go to a bar every afternoon and watch Columbo. It was my only resort that was a compromise between my desire for American culture and the Aussie desire to get piss drunk at two in the afternoon.

OK-- My arm was not twisted. Columbo still kicked ass. He had the bad eye, the rumpled shirt and the ability to annoy the hell out of people. I don't understand why I like the show so much.

Yes, that was sarcastic.

There's just this thing- My wife talks about it all the time... She hates it when....

Link
Google